Spurred on by Mme.'s recap, I have decided to share the list of summer goals I made at the end of April, as well as my reading list, with a progress update on each. Books first.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson finished
Freedom Evolves - Daniel Dennet finished
Skybreaker - Kenneth Oppel finished
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath finished
Godel, Escher, Bach - Douglas Hofstadter in progress
Godel's Proof - Nagel and Newman
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
Dr. Zhivago - Boris Pasternak
The Bit and the Pendulum - Tom Siegfried
Le Ton beau de Marot - Douglas Hofstadter
Atonement - Ian McEwan
The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
The Diary of Anne Frank
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Julie and Julia - Julie Powell finished
I Am A Strange Loop - Douglas Hofstadter
The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins
Cleaving - Julie Powell finished
My Life in France - Julia Child finished
(As you can see, I've added to it. Now on to the goals.)
- sew something in progress (and pictures to come soon)
- fill three notebooks in progress
- publish something
- print Tom-Tom # 8
- lose 10 pounds in progress
- save 4000 dollars
- repay student loans in progress
- apply to the U of A
- inquire re: U of A honours program
- run an official race
- grow herbs and vegetables in progress
- visit Grandma
- visit Oma and Opa check!
- continue to grow out hair in progress
- bike to North Edmonton and back (~30 km) check!
- make and keep a dentist's appointment check!
- inquire re: braces check!
- plane, fill, and paint book cubes in progress (and pictures to come)
- knit sweater in progress (and pictures to come)